Following the AGM at the end of Lent Term, we have elected a new committee:
Chair: Felix Asare
Secretary: Harry Muldowney
Treasurer: James Tett
Publicity: Angel Wong & Rehan Chagla
Concerts and Recitals: Jemma Jeffery
Voices: Laura AlYousif
Jazz: Tom Burrows
Graduate Representative: Tom Baarda
Thank you very much to last years committee and congratulations to the new committee!
Tuesday 3 Oct 2020 @ 6:00pm – Chapel
Join us for a vocal masterclass with internationally renowned tenor Richard Edgar-Wilson. There will be 4 participants, who are all choral scholars in the Chapel Choir of Christ’s College. All college members are welcome to attend, but please book in advance if possible to avoid hassle at the door.
Friday 23 Oct 2020 @ 6:00pm – Chapel
Come and watch one or our resident organ scholars show off his skills in the calming setting of the Christ’s College chapel.
Please book in advance to ensure admittance.
- Bach Prelude and Fugue in C BWV 545
- Saint-Saëns Improvisation No. 4 (from 7 Improvisations)
- Vierne Scherzetto (from 24 pièces en style libre)
- Ad Wammes Vallée des danses No. 5
- Ad Wammes Triptych (selected movements)
- Walton Crown Imperial (arr. Murrill)
Friday 16 Oct 2020 @ 6:00pm – Yusuf Hamied Theatre
Welcome to all freshers (and welcome back pre-existing students)! The CCMS Freshers Recital provides an opportunity for new students at Christ’s to showcase their musical talents. Performing for us will be:
- Angel Wong – voice and piano: Untitled
- Jemma Jeffery – piano: Elegie (Rachmaninoff)
- Karlis Susters – piano and accordion: Etude Op.10 No.12 “Revolutionary” (Chopin), and a selection of well-known tunes on the accordion
- Tom Selway – voice: It Could Happen to You (Chet Baker version, original by Jimmy Van Heusen and Johnny Burke)
- Laura AlYousif – voice: Angel Eyes
A big welcome from the CCMS Committee to all the freshers who are coming to Christ’s in October! Congratulations on your results, we can’t wait to meet you all and provide another year of events and opportunities for you all to get involved in.
As the old website had become impossible to edit due to a broken WordPress installation, this seemed like a good time to give the entire site a makeover. No transition is ever smooth, so please bear with us as we fix up broken pages and links over the next few days.
Following the AGM at the end of Lent Term, we have elected a new committee.
Chair: Nicholas Edwards
Secretary: Harry Muldowney
Treasurer: Tom Baycroft
Publicity: Millie Yule
Concerts and Recitals: James Tett
Special Events: Robert Bywater
Voices & Folk: Alys Williams
Jazz: Andrew Wang
Graduate Representative: Seb Gorgon
Webmaster: Tom Burrows
Thank you very much to the previous committee for all your hard work and dedication, and congratulations to the newly elected committee!